Takes care of the judges’ requirements. Coordinates their transportation.
Appointed as a member of the Convention Steering Committee, the OPL is responsible for all convention activities relating to the official panel. These responsibilities may be divided as follows among several committees:
- Trial Scoring Judges
- Judging areas
- Contestant Packets/duplication
1. In cooperation with the CRC, arranges panel housing.
2. Communicates regularly with panel members, informing them of all convention arrangements.
3. Arranges transportation for panel members.
4. Facilitates meal functions. Makes reservations and arranges transportation as required. Does not issue invitations unless directed to by the panel chair.
5. Arranges complimentary convention registrations.
6. Provides each panel member with a regional convention program.
7. Notifies CRC of hospitality needs in the official panel's rest area/parlor. Provides reasonably comfortable chairs, preferably padded with straight backs, for members of the judging panel.
8. Notifies CRC of supplies/equipment needs at competition site.
9. In accordance with regional standing rules and procedures, and as outlined in Section D, makes arrangements for trial scorers.
10. In cooperation with the CRC, makes arrangements for the photocopying and faxing of official results.
11. Prepares contestant packet envelopes in advance.
12. Attends official inspections.
13. Attends briefings.
14. Following each competition session, works with the panel secretary in distributing contestant packets and official results.
15. Distributes or mails contestant packets that are not picked up during the allocated time.
16. Completes international and regional final reports, as designated.
17. Forwards GRC and files to successor, if applicable.
1. Experience with the International Judging Program or Panel Secretary Program preferred.
2. Strong organization and administrative skills.
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to make decisions, as well as delegate responsibility.
5. Must be flexible.