Oversees everything that has anything to do with convention activities and coordinates backstage hospitality. Liaises with contest venue and hotels. Negotiates all contracts.
As Chair of the Convention Committee, the CRC appoints committee members and chairs, in accordance with regional standing rules and/or procedures. She has the overall responsibility and authority of ensuring that committee chairs are fulfilling their responsibilities according to plan.
Responsible for registration and non-member ticket sales.
Responsible for all sleeping room bookings
Oversees everything that has anything to do with contest activities including the scheduling of rehearsal and function space.
Appointed annually (on recommendation from the Regional Education Director and CRC) by the Judge Specialists and approved by the Education Direction Committee, the Competition Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the regional convention directly related to competition. She works in conjunction with the EVC, CRC and the panel chair. The annual term of appointment shall be September 1 through August 31 of any given year.
1. In cooperation with the EVC and CRC and in accordance with regional standing rules
and/or procedures, participates in the inspections and selection of competition facilities.
2. In cooperation with the CRC and the EVC, determines the schedule of events.
3. Approves the plans for the competition stage and handles all related responsibilities.
4. In coordination with the EVC and CRC, determines the riser configuration, including
whether or not the alternate riser configuration option will be offered.
5. Coordinates with the panel chair a time for the sound check, briefing(s) and inspection.
6. Approves the plans and handles all related responsibilities for the backstage movement of
7. Sends traffic pattern to the panel chair for approval after initial order of appearance is
sent from IHQ. Ensures traffic pattern follows recommendations from IHQ. (See Official
Schedule of Events, Section D, pages 26-27.)
8. Supervises the curtain movement, if applicable.
9. Supervises the signal system used between the panel chair and backstage.
10. Ensures that all appropriate safety precautions are taken in the backstage area.
11. Makes arrangements for video and audio recording the regional competitions,
including deciding who will be producing the recordings and what equipment is
12. Provides instructions to personnel responsible for the recordings.
13. Purchases and labels, according to international instructions, a sufficient quantity of
video and audio recordings.
14. Provides recording media (e.g., DVDs or flash drives) to personnel responsible for
making the recordings.
15. Supervises recording during competition.
16. Delivers the recordings (if available) to the OPL immediately after each contest
17. Sends the master recordings to international headquarters, according to
international instructions, within two weeks following the convention weekend.
18. Conducts quartet and chorus director briefings.
19. Collects List of Competing Members form from all competing choruses at
briefing. Gives lists to panel secretary.
20. Collects cue sheets from Open Division contestants at briefing and makes copies
(one for each member of the judging panel, panel secretary, trial scorers, if
applicable, and technical crew) to give to panel secretary.
21. Working with the CRC, finalizes all arrangements for the traffic patterns, traffic
pattern schedules and corresponding transportation, briefings, sound, lighting and
GUIDELINES FOR REGIONAL CONVENTIONS CONVENTION PERSONNEL
22. Makes copies of the traffic pattern for the panel chair and technical crew.
23.Participates in the official inspections.
24. Receives from international headquarters the official judging packets and panel
23. Meets with panel chair or her designee on Thursday evening or Friday morning to
verify and distribute judging packets and panel secretary supplies.
24. Reviews and finalizes emcee cards.
25. With the CRC, ensures that the awards presentation runs smoothly.
26. If applicable, notifies emcee of any disqualified Open Division competitor (as
confirmed by panel chair or panel secretary) prior to the announcement of the
Audience Choice Award.
27. Ensures that information on the championship quartet and chorus, the Division A
first place winner and the Division AA first place winner are sent to IHQ for
publication in the Pitch Pipe. The form is sent from IHQ.
28. Completes international and regional reports as designated.
29. Should the Competition Coordinator be a competitor, her backstage
responsibilities must be assigned temporarily to someone familiar with her
instructions and procedures.
30. Forwards GRC, files and CC pin to successor, if applicable.
Prepares the schedule for chorus and quartet pickups on contest day and coordinates the busing between hotels and the Performing Arts Centre the entire weekend.
Contacting bus companies for price comparisons and availability.
Submitting information to the CRC for approval.
Presenting contracts to the CRC and EVC or FC for signatures and initial deposit, if required.
Working directly with the busing company throughout and until the completion of the convention weekend.
Making all arrangements for communications between the competitors hotel check-in point(s) and the competition facility drop-off point, and between the audience hotel(s) pick-up and competition facility drop-off points (cell phones or two-way radios may be used).
Following approval of the Schedule of Events:
arranging buses to transport mic-testing quartet and chorus to official inspection.
arranging audience bus times for hotel departure and return.
arranging transportation for those attending the quartet and chorus briefings.
Following the approval of the traffic pattern schedules, arranging for contestant busing between the hotel and competition facility.
Making copies of the traffic pattern schedule and distributing to personnel working the traffic pattern. The personnel should be instructed to make note of the actual arrival and departure times of each contestant for future planning purposes.
Ensuring that all departure locations are marked at both the hotel and the competition facility.
Ensuring that there is one last bus to transport all late workers, including officials, back to the hotel after both evening sessions.
Coordinates all audio/visual requirements for contest
Official Panel Liaison:
Takes care of the judges’ requirements. Coordinates their transportation.
Appointed as a member of the Convention Steering Committee, the OPL is responsible for all convention activities relating to the official panel. These responsibilities may be divided as follows among several committees:
Trial Scoring Judges
1. In cooperation with the CRC, arranges panel housing.
2. Communicates regularly with panel members, informing them of all convention arrangements.
3. Arranges transportation for panel members.
4. Facilitates meal functions. Makes reservations and arranges transportation as required. Does not issue invitations unless directed to by the panel chair.
5. Arranges complimentary convention registrations.
6. Provides each panel member with a regional convention program.
7. Notifies CRC of hospitality needs in the official panel's rest area/parlor. Provides reasonably comfortable chairs, preferably padded with straight backs, for members of the judging panel.
8. Notifies CRC of supplies/equipment needs at competition site.
9. In accordance with regional standing rules and procedures, and as outlined in Section D, makes arrangements for trial scorers.
10. In cooperation with the CRC, makes arrangements for the photocopying and faxing of official results.
11. Prepares contestant packet envelopes in advance.
12. Attends official inspections.
13. Attends briefings.
14. Following each competition session, works with the panel secretary in distributing contestant packets and official results.
15. Distributes or mails contestant packets that are not picked up during the allocated time.
16. Completes international and regional final reports, as designated.
17. Forwards GRC and files to successor, if applicable.
1. Experience with the International Judging Program or Panel Secretary Program preferred.
2. Strong organization and administrative skills.
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to make decisions, as well as delegate responsibility.
5. Must be flexible.
Assists the Official Panel Liaison with all her responsibilities
Responsible for Convention Communication, the publishing of the Convention Handbook, design and printing of the Contest Program and program advertisements.
Jeanne d'Arc (JD) Crowe
Designs and secures the chorus and quartet surveys
Collates info for the International Judges’ bios, etc. for the webcast binders
Assists with everything that has anything to do with money! Signs all contracts.
The financial chair of the regional convention may be the Regional Finance Coordinator or host chapter treasurer, or she may be a member appointed to that position by the CRC and/or Education Director. If the financial chair is not the Regional FC or host chapter treasurer, it is necessary to establish procedures for authorizing checks to be written and for forwarding a record of all deposits made that relate to the regional convention.
1. Supervising the development and adherence to the regional convention budget, unless regional procedures provide that the Convention Steering Committee plans the budget.
2. Maintaining accurate and current records of all receipts and disbursements.
3. Forwarding check requests to the CRC and/or EVC/host chapter president for approval before paying.
4. Presenting a written report at each Convention Steering Committee meeting, including the balances for each budgeted item.
5. Notifying the CRC and EVC of any variances to the budget.
6. Preparing a final written financial report following the regional convention and forwarding it to the CRC and any other appropriate regional personnel.
7. Forwarding the financial files to the CRC for inclusion in the convention files.